On-site 8:00 and 10:30 Worship Services and Ministries and Activities at Weaverland
Objective: In a Covid-19 world, provide an opportunity for Weaverland worshippers to meet on-site in a manner that is safe, respectful, and honoring through appropriate guidelines that serve one another and promote a Christ-like witness to our community.
Effective Date: July 26th, 2020
Protocol and Guidelines
- If you or a family member have a slight fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or, if in the past two weeks were exposed to someone with signs of COVID-19, PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Throughout the pandemic, on-site worship at Weaverland must be understood as optional or supplemental. We love, honor, and respect ALL persons equally whether worshipping remotely or worshipping on-site. Livestream and phone call-in will continue.
- Persons at risk, persons whose occupation includes at-risk exposure, and those persons who are uncomfortable worshipping on-site, you are encouraged and blessed to continue worshipping remotely. Older persons may want to consult with their physician or family before participating on-site.
- Social distancing: Please honor and respect the recommended six-foot social distancing.
- Handshakes, hugs, and personal touch are strongly discouraged.
- Seating: In the sanctuary every other bench will be closed. We suggest no more than four adults from two different family units per bench. Families are encouraged to sit together to maximize seating capacity and minimize risk.
- Masks: On-site participants are strongly encouraged to wear masks while entering, exiting, or utilizing common areas. When seated in the sanctuary or in class, as distancing is practiced, masks can be removed.
- Restrooms: All restrooms are open. Persons are strongly encouraged to wash hands BEFORE and AFTER restroom use.
- Coffee/hot drinks will be available in the Garden during Sunday morning worship services.
- Adult and children’s Sunday school classes are available.
- All children’s ministry including Spark Pre-k and Spark K-3 are available. For protocol specific to children’s ministries, click here.
- A staffed children’s nursery is provided during worship series.
- Fellowship meals or ministries involving the Food Services Committee are available.
- Church rentals are available.
- Renters assume the risk of possible cancellation should Phase 2 or Phase 1 be implemented as result of the pandemic.
- The library is open during regularly staffed hours.
- Offerings: Giving stations remain at the east and west sanctuary exits.
- Online and mail-in giving options will continue.
- No offering bucket will be passed in the service.
- Water fountains remain closed. Bring your own water bottle if needed.