Weaverland has received SafeChurch certification. A Safe Church sees itself as a sanctuary, where one finds protection, support, guidance, and the presence of God. Read more about SafeChurch below.
Click the link to access Weaverland’s Child Protection Policy.
Become a SafeChurch Approved Adult
Our church could not operate its children’s programs without the great volunteers we have helping in all the different capacities. Since you will be volunteering in roles that work with children under the age of 18, as a Safe Church we need several things from you before we can issue you a badge indicating you are cleared to work with children at Weaverland. These items need to be redone every five years to renew your volunteer status. You may notice there are new items to complete since Weaverland is now compliant with the SafeChurch guidelines.
Approved Adult Checklist
- PA Child Abuse Clearance – Create a new INDIVIDUAL account and Keystone ID for a “Volunteer” (no charge) and submit the application. Where it asks for certificate delivery method, check “No” where it asks about mailing you a copy, because you want them to email it to you. When you receive it, make a copy for the church secretary.
- PA Criminal Background Check – We will take care of submitting this one for you. It only requires your name and birthdate, information that we already have on file. You will receive a copy for your records.
- FBI Criminal Background Check – This is only required if you have lived in another state within the last ten years. Contact us if this applies to you and we will give you further instructions.
- You are required to view the mandated reporter training on our website and read Weaverland’s Child Protection Policy.
- Read and sign the Covenant of Child Protection form, verifying that you viewed the training video and read the Child Protection Policy.
- Complete the Approved Adult Application.
- Read and sign the Review of Legal Disqualifications form.
You can return the completed forms above and copies of your clearances by placing them in the church secretary mailbox (Mike & Cheryl Martin). You will then be issued a badge. Please wear the badge you receive when you are volunteering in any position that involves children under the age of 18 years old.
If you would like to electronically fill out the three forms, you may download the fillable PDFs below, complete and email them to Cheryl Martin at email@example.com
If you need further assistance with the certification process or would like access to hard copies of the checklist and forms, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (717) 445-6348.